6.15.2014

We are still alive…i am going to try and catchup on blogging swear

I don't even know if I have many followers out there any more but i am going to try and catch up and as you will see we (as I get caught up).  We have been on the road ALOT and gone ALOT!! So I will start with this past weekend.  Jared's team (Heelan High School) made it to state soccer so he left Wednesday (after getting home for Orlando Monday).  They won first round and played Friday so the boys and I decided to head to des Moines and Cheer them on.  They would face Davenport Assumption the same team that beat them the last two years in the championship game(they have won 5 out of 6 last state titles).  We all knew it would be a tough game with the Four Time Gateraid Player of the Year on Assumption but Heelan was up for the challenge.  Heelan had only had eight goals scored on them all year, their defense was really good.  They were hoping maybe facing them second round they would be a bit more fresh and could get by them.  unfortunately they fell short and lost 2-0 and were all very bummed as they thought this was "their year."  The boys and i decided to stay in Des Moines with Mike and Owen (my brother and nephew) for the night and go to the championship game on Saturday since Suzy (my cousin) was coming to it (her niece played for Nevada).  It was nice catching up with my brother and nephew, we don't see them much so it was nice.  It was a short stay but nonetheless refreshing.  We got back about 5:30ish on Saturday which was nice since we have not been home on a weekend since May 3. This upcoming weekend we will be home the whole weekend (which I am SOOOO looking forward to).
Today…Father's Day, we really didn't do much and that is what Jared wanted and it was nice to just do stuff around the house, lay around and no plans.  Boys woke up earlier then normal so we go up and let dad sleep a bit then made him breakfast in bed.  The boys that it was so funny but told him he should eat at the table.  So they ate a second breakfast with dad.  Then we went to church and out to lunch then a family date to Sam's club.  After that we just did things around the house clean out gutters, pulled weeds, and boys both learned to ride bike with training wheels…BIG day!

Eggs, hash browns and some OJ

Daddy still sleeping


Loving their daddy

Round two for boys breakfast

Landon


Landon so proud of his brother

Tristan proud of himself

Mommy and Landon helping Tristan

Tristan took a break to help daddy pick weeds

He was so happy he got it!!


They got tricycles for a special surprise from the March for Babies and caught on right away then we had 16" bikes but they couldn't reach pedals at first and now they can.  Landon tried once Thursday for not long at all and then today got on it to "show daddy" and he took off…literally.  Tristan got on after and caught on pretty quick as well, Landon goes a little faster then mom likes but Boys will be Boys.
Well, Happy Father's day to my dad that has been there for me in so many ways and how we have grown even closer over the last few years.  He has always been there for me pushing me to be better, do better and to encourage me.  He is the rock of our family and so strong in so many ways, I love you dad.  My father-in-law, could not ask for a better 2nd dad, he would do anything for me.  He has always treated me as his own and made me feel so welcome in the family.  I am so blessed to have the best two dad's out there.  And to my husband Happy Father's Day he maybe one of the busiest men I know but he is always there for the boys to get down on the floor to play with them or kick a soccer ball with them, or whatever it is that they want daddy to do.  I could not have asked for a better guy to marry and have kids with.  Love you Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment