9.05.2014

First Day if Pre School…Can this really be happening?

think I asked myself this many times this week, can this really be happening? Can my baby boys really be in pre school already.  Since many told me yes it can I started to believe it.  Man where does the time go?  I think why it was so hard (as I know it is hard for all moms for all ages) but for me this one as the first.  But, so many moms young and old tell me the school age years go sooo fast, even faster…faster I feel the last three years went by like a blink.  I think some of it goes with how busy Jared and I are with our jobs, our life, how much we run with the boys and ourselves so i guess here goes. 
Nice Picture...

With every nice picture comes a silly in our house (Tristan, will always ask mom can we do a silly one).  Of Course
Off they go and they wanted to carry their lunch, drinks, backpacks…independent already YIKES

After this Jared says are you ready?  I look at him and say no I need a min.  As you can see below boys went right off to the play dough station and meeting new friends.


So today I called two people I knew that could help me get through this, my dad and my mother-in-law.  You all know I would have called my mom first if I could have called and asked her for advice to help me through but with my tears I knew that would not be good and she would just be worried and confused.  My dad answered first(he always does man he is so good at answering his phone), I told him and the first thing he said, "Well why did you send them so early."  As I did think about it for a half of second I answered quickly with they are so ready it is just me as a mom.  He meant it in the sweetest way, he was not being rude just honest as he probably heard his wife say that many years ago with her kiddos.  Then we talked about how they did and such.  Then he says, you know I know someone else that cried every day of their first day and many of the first days and second days and so on.  He always knows how to get his baby girl to laugh, yep he was referring to me:).   Love him more than he knows! Next was Janet, she had to call back and by then I had settled down.  She just talked me through it and said some very nice things like they will do so good, I am so proud of them. She mentioned how I was really good at enjoying every minute with them.  how they were lucky to have me as a mom and plenty more years of great moments and memories.  Your heart will be so full an treasure each day. How She made me cry again for all the kind words it made me realize all the good too.

So as they start their first day(week) of school and we let them spread their wings and fly I wish them luck and pray they do well and enjoy it all because it will go way too fast for them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment