7.31.2011

Family VACATION!!!

So we started our vacation with a trip to Wesley to see family and even got to see our newest addition to the Rosenmeyer Clan.  Then it was onto Ottertail Lake!  There was just a few pit stops, which we would expect with the boys.  Actually, I will admit they were more for mom and dad.  On our way to the lake, we stopped at an outlet mall and I fed the boys while Jared shopped.  Then, we stopped at IKEA in Minneapolis, which was oh soo fun, but it took longer then we expected.  We received a GREAT surprise when we got to IKEA...my friend Maren from college met us there and shopped with us.  It was so great!  It was her first time meeting the boys too!  I told Jared this was such a great vacation on our way up and it hadn't even started.  I got to see almost all my family, meet my new nephew, see a friend I hadn't seen in FOREVER(way too long), and then get to the cabin with Jared's whole family...soo nice!
We love our sunglasses and love each other... they are always so excited to see each other, hope that never changes!

Just like daddy

Well, not too much excitement on vacation.  We did a lot of relaxing and hanging out on the dock and in the water.  We had boat rides, wave runner rides, tube rides, and all the fun water activites.  The boys LOVED the water and loved being outside.  We got a pretty good routine going after the first couple of days.  The boys would wake up and talk, then come lay with mom and dad to wake up.  Then they would eat breakfast, play, nap, play, lunch, nap, outside play and water time, eat, nap, play, eat, sleep!  Yep I know what you are thinking "that is a lot of sleeping" and I agree and felt bad but they love their sleep.




 
It was a very big day on Friday, July 29th as the Bodie Boys started to crawl!  Yep, both of them, same day, same time.  They were outside on their blanket by the lake and wanted a toy so off they went.  I was so excited, but I know in a few months I will be wishing they would stay put.  We just love hitting new milestones as all parents do.  We hate to see them grow (so quickly), but are so glad they are.  We ended up staying until Sunday and the rest of the family left on Saturday (some in the afternoon and some at night).  Sunday, when the boys were outside they started moving more and more quickly.  Thank goodness they waited until Friday to start crawling or I would have been a lot closer to them when there were outside. 
Tomorrow is back to reality!  Though I love my job, the hardest thing will be to not be with my boys (all three of them) all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment