11.27.2011

A Note of Thanks...

This year we have so much to be thankful for, where do we start?  A year ago at this time I was pregnant and in and out of the hospital and then had our tiny little baby boys.  Who would have thought that fast forward a year later and our worries we had then would all be a distant memory.   I had people tell me, "hang in there and it will pass."  I spent so much of my day praying, I would pray on my way to the hospital, at the hospital, on the way home, to work, back to the hospital, while holding one, then holding the other, etc.  Now, here we are on Thanksgiving 2011 and couldn't be happier.  Well, maybe a little happier since I had to leave my boys on Thankgiving day to go on a basketball trip!  It was very hard to leave them, but I knew I would be back in a few days.  I am sure it was harder on me than on them (which I will take any day).
 
So Thanksgiving day (Thursday) we spent the morning as a family just hanging out eating and playing trying to get in as many hugs and kisses as possible before I had to leave them.  I put them down for nap and then packed and off to practice I went.  Jared let the boys get a good nap in since he would probably be at Aunt Cindy's most of the night and the boys would go down later than normal.  From what I was told, the boys did great at Thanksgiving and played and played with the other kids.  They really wanted to go down the stairs and they loved playing the game "Chase our cousin Ella and grab her pacifier."  Which is so funny because they haven't had a pacifier since shortly after getting out of the hospital, so not sure what that is all about.  I apologize Ms. Ella.
 
Friday was a BIG day for daddy and he had been looking forward to this day for a real long time.  He was going to the Nebraska vs. Iowa game in Lincoln with one of best buddies, Tony.  He headed to Lincoln about 7:30 after getting the boys up and started to feed them before Grandma Janet got up.  He made a couple pit stops at some stores to try and get some deals before arriving at the game, but he made it in time for kick-off!  For all of you that didn't watch or hear, Nebraska won 20-7 and Jared said it was a great game.  I was doing a little Black Friday shopping myself in Rapid City, S.D.  The boys were at Grandma Janet's hanging out and getting some much needed cuddle and fun time with Grandma, even though Grandma was real tired from the night before.  You see, Aunt Amy and Grandma decided to try and go to Wal-Mart and hit up their midnight sales and didn't get home until 5 a.m.!  So, Grandma was tired!

Saturday (the boys' official birthday, even though we celebrated it the Sat. before) the boys and Jared hung at Grandma's before heading to Ella's baptism that night at 5 p.m.  It was very nice and Ella did awesome.  Aunt Tara (Ella's mom) was so nice and sweet and before Ella's cake she made Landon and Tristan a cupcake with number 1's on them and had everyone sing to the boys.  Of course I didn't know that until Sunday when I got home and it made me tear up.  One, because that was so sweet and two, because again I missed their official 1st birthday!  This day was a little rough for mommy, but she made it through it.  While I was at lunch with my team, it was someone else's birthday and they were singing to them (kinda made me cry and sad that again I was missing it).  But all in all I think I did a pretty good job.  That night, Morningside lost their game, so mommy was not in a good mood and all she wanted to do was get home and see my boys, all three of them.  But we had a 6-7 hour bus trip ahead of us.
 
We spent Sunday in our pajamas hanging out with each other and doing some much need cuddling and playing.  Man, did I miss them and was so glad to be home.  Tristan did not feel well, I believe he has an ear infection.  We go to the doctor on Tuesday and will find out.  Daddy and T look a long afternoon nap, while Landon and mommy went to church. This time of year I get really busy with practices, games, recruiting, etc.  Yet, this time of year I also think of all of the blessings that God has given us... 

-JARED he is my rock and my support and I don't think I could have gotten through this past year or years past without him.  Love you Jared! 

-Boy have our lives changed and I wouldn't change it for the world.  Love you so much LD and T! 

-Our family... I am so thankful to have such a great family even if we don't see each other as much as we would like and the health of both of our families.

-My in-laws (Jared feels the same way about his in-laws...I think:)) We could not be happier to have met and that God put us two together which such wonderful families.

-Our friends near and far...  I miss the ones I don't see every day or talk to near enough, but am thankful they are in my life and I know they would be there for me any second of any day.  A big thanks to our friends that are near and are here for us no matter what and treat us like family!

I could go on and on about what we are thankful for so if you are reading this know you are a blessing in our lives!  Hope you all had a great holiday too!  I am looking forward to all the Christmas cards so I can catch up on all of you.  I hope that we get one out this year, last year we were so busy and never home (always at the hospital) so we didn't get one out.  I hope that we can find the time to do it this year.  Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment