3.20.2012

Too long...

First off I am sorry for not posting lately but my goal is to go back and get caught up so if you are interested or one of my lovely blog followers just go back and check out what I wrote.  One of my other goals this week and weekend is to get ALL my pictures organized and maybe even get them ordered form the past year, well over do. 

This past weekend was a blast!!  It was our annual Whoopers and Hoopers tournament, I know 75% of you just said what did she say?  Whoopers and Hoopers? yes I did!  It is a basketball tournament in Hastings, NE that has been going on since the 80's I believe and it is usually old college teammates or college players that get teams together and hang out and play some good old basketball.  We got in town Friday night and hung out and caught up.  Our old college men's team had a game so we went to that and then to Keno bar and restaurant to hang out.  Saturday we had a game then watched the boys play again and then we played again in the afternoon.  Saturday night is the "big party":).  We always have a good time being silly for a night.  Sunday we played in two games and won our division, which was fun to play again with teammates.  I always look forward to this weekend to catch up, be silly, and play basketball the game we all loved so much and that brought us such close friends.  Since I am a coach I talk about this daily but some of my closest friends still to this day are my college teammates.  They may have been the best player on varsity and played with me or a player on JV that we never played on the court together but we have some of the best memories.  You go through so much with teammates (especially back in our day), you have so many highs and some lows and they are always there for you helping you through them or celebrating with you.  So as every year is great time and I always wish it was more often because it has always been "too long"we enjoy it all. 






You may ask where were the boys...well they stayed with grandma and grandpa Bodammer for the weekend.  This was the first time mom and dad left them over night with anyone.  It was hard for both of us but was good to get away for a couple days.  I am sure if bothered us more then them.  Grandma said they did great and that they said grandpa.  As hard as it was to leave them I loved that they got some one on one time with grandma and grandpa and other family without mom or dad there.  They are talking more and more and now trying to run places instead of walk.  They LOVE and when I say love I mean LOVE to be outside.


Cassie and Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment