12.22.2013

Rosenmeyer Christmas

This past weekend we were in Wesley for my side Christmas. We spent lots of time with mom and my family.   It was really a lot of fun being home I always enjoy family time.  We got in Thursday in time for Jackson 4:15 basketball game, a little junior high basketball.  The boys really enjoyed watching Jackson and keep cheering for him it was so cute.  Then we stopped to visit mom at her new place, which is so nice but still hard to go and really hard to leave.  She was ok but nights are always tough for her but I thought she was pretty good.

Friday was a fun day and some of you maybe shocked to hear this but we went out to the farm and my brothers Steve and Levi were castrating the calves and they needed help so I helped them.  I also got to watch them take their norms off, that was a bit much for me.  I mean I am not a male to understand the pain of your balls being taken out :), but he horns are literally sawed off and then they cauterize it but by then they say it is numb.  It was quite the day of new experiences for me.  As when I grew up we didn't have cows we raised pigs.  Let me tell you the size of nuts on some of those calves are incredible...wow is all I have to say.  And something even worse is people eat them and no joke LIKE them...DISGUSTING!!!  It was a good experience but after a few hours I was freezing and went back to dads.  Then we went to Logan's game that night and then to visit mom again.

Saturday was our Christmas we went and spent the afternoon with mom, it was really really nice being there with her and seeing her doing so well.  She loves Erika(one of the girls that works there) which is so nice to see.  And what is even better Erika Loves her just as much!  It is comforting to see.  It is incredible hard to leave her every time but knowing how well she is doing makes it better.  Here are some pictures from mom's Christmas.  We brought some desserts and gave her presents and mom and dad gave us our presents.

Tristan, mom Landon, dad I thought this picture turned out great!  As crazy as it sounds it is not always easy getting all these guys to look at the camera, hard enough to get the three year olds but then my mom and then my dad is usually being silly.  

Tristan and Gracie the boys love how much Gracie and Ellie love them and like to play with them.  

The little ones colored which was nice to past time as we were unsure on how mom would be with all of us there and the craziness but I thought she did great!

The guys played cards, of course a Rosenmeyer event is not complete unless there are cards of some sort.  

Mom and dad

This picture tears me up it is of Landon and grandma and they are giving him his Christmas present(money) but the best gift is the LOVE you see in this picture no matter where my mom's (grandma's) state of mind maybe she LOVES him and all her grandchildren the same.  LOVE!!

Wyatt and Ellie having some hot chocolate

This is Erika that loves mom just as much as mom loves her.  Dad also gave her a gift as she is like family now!

Erika being silly with my mom...putting whipped cream in her mouth:)

Cassie, mom and Brandon

Pretty good picture of us two I thought

I tell you what getting a family picture is not the easiest thing, man do these two little fella's feed off each other in the silliness category.  Love it though...most of the time.

t
This is our attempt of getting a picture of all the grandkids that were there (minus Caden, Mabel, Stella, Dustin, Tyler, and Kelli) not to bad between lighting and kids not all looking or wanting to be in the picture, I think it is a good one!


After mom's we went back to dad's got ready for church went to church then back to dad's for dinner and kids presents.  It was pretty low key and the cousins had so much fun playing together.  The boys love to go to the farm and play with their cousins.  They love all their cousins and amaze me how much they remember and how much they talk about them.

We all went in and got dad a new gun cabinet, the black one in the back he bought and then decided he wanted the bigger one (the grey one) so we got it for him.  Funny story Levi went in and got it and the next day dad went in to get it and was bummed to find out it was sold.  LOVE this MAN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment