12.08.2013

Weekend...similiar to week days

This time of year, I don't really have a "weekend" so to say besides it is Saturday and Sunday.  I usually have games and practices.  Saturday all day we traveled to Madison, SD and we played JV and varsity games, Varsity won big and JV lost BIG!  While coaching you experience so many emotions happy, sad, mad, etc. etc.  You try to get through to 18-22 year old heads different things to get them to play or to do this or that.  I tell Jamie(the head coach) daily how we both needed out psychology degree more then anything else for coaching.  We have really good girls and that helps a lot but man when (in JV) you can't get them to do anything you have worked on for the last three months and they act as if they would rather be anywhere else then in that gym at that time, it is tough.  We have had some varsity games and practices the same way.  I don't like to lose all of you that know me know that very well but I understand in JV it is a game and they are young players learning how to play but when they don't care or act as if they don't care that bothers me.  I am spending my time and (entire day) away from my family for THIS?  That is when I think is it worth it to spend so much time away from my family that means the world to me when the girls on the team could care less.  I know they care but sometimes how they show it is incredible.  I love my job I really do and love impacting(or attempting) young ladies to better their lives and help them learn many lessons along the way.  But in the big picture basketball is just a game and as my job depends on us winning and losing in reality you have to look back enjoy the ride and play as it is really just a game and we all will wake up tomorrow. 

Saturday I was really brought into reality when one of our good friends boy (Blake took  a turn for the worse).  He had a kidney transplant and bladder augmentation surgery three weeks ago.  The surgeries went well and he was peeing(something we all take for granted) it was great.  We were so thankful and happy for them as this family had been through so much.  Blake is two years old twin that has been on dialysis all his life so having this surgery was a big deal for him to be able to live a "normal" life.  We pray for Blake every night and if every there is a night I forget the boys will say Blake when we are praying at night.  When he had his surgery the boys would say "Bake(Blake) sugery(surgery), it was so cute.  Well, today when I woke up to check facebook and saw Jamie posted that Blake was back in the hospital due to high temp and blood pressure and they were going to be doing a very risky procedure to replace a tube of the source of his infection.  With his high heart rate and blood pressure they were worried how he may react.  Then about noon the message read this, "Never Needed prayers more than right now.  Blake is not looking good and they don't know if he's going to make it.  This can't be happening".  I lost it I could not believe what I was reading this poor two year old has been through so much in his short life and his parents and siblings.  I prayed so much and so hard on Saturday and could not even imagine what they were going through, the thoughts, the emotion, everything.  I felt for them I wanted to take away their pain and help in some way but how... They is no way but to pray adn put it in God's hands.  About 2:00 she texted me saying so far they have opened up Blakes abdomen to release the pressure, hoping this helps his blood flow, heart rate, et. His blood pressure has gone up! (which is something they needed to happen, not sure why) Not out of the woods by any means, but better than it was an hour ago.   I prayed thanking God and praying for his improvement.  I tried to just encourage her at this point because she is one of the strongest women I know to have to see your child go through all this and be so strong!  Blake is stable and improving today but will be sedated until at least Friday, which makes me sad but is what needs to be done and he is still here which is above all the most important! 

This is why in reality basketball is just a game and life is WAY to short to get to caught up in a "game" or in life of little things.  You never know when it maybe your time or your child's time.  I mean they thought all was good with Blake and they were on the uphill and then an infection, you just never know.  That is why I challenge all of you who read my blog to look at life with a positive out look and don't get caught up in all the little things.  I know even I get caught up in the why this oe that is happening to me and so on. 

Please pray for little Blake as often as you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment