1.02.2012

Another Christmas...oh how we love family time

Like I have said before Christmas time is one of my favorite holidays and to be honest really has nothing to do with the gifts, even though it is a huge part of it.   The best part is getting together with the family!  This past weekend we headed to the big town of Wesley for the Rosenmeyer Christmas.  Jared had to work Friday night so Brandon (my nephew), Cassie (Brandon's girlfriend) the boys and I headed home right after my game on Friday afternoon.  The boys are great riders on road trips and this was no different we left at 3:30 and Tristan was asleep before we pulled out of the drive way and Landon shortly after.  They slept almost the whole 3 hours home with waking up about 5 min. from Wesley.  When they woke up they were laughing and in great moods.  Man, do I love these boys!!  Friday night we had a surprise 70th Birthday party for my mom.  She was very surprised and very excited for all the people that were there to celebrate with her.  She missed the ones that were not there as did I.  We had  a GREAT time it was so good to see all the family and friends I don't get to see much anymore.  Usually when I come home it is a fun fulled packed weekend trying to squeeze everything in before I have to leave.  It was great just sitting and catching up with sisters and cousin on their lives, our lives, and others.  The boys did great with not leaving there until 11:30ish!
The next day was another big day, it was our Christmas so lunch was at noon, Jared was on his way but unfortunately not feeling well so running late.  We ate then did some gifts, the kids were dying to open their gifts:).  Again we were very blessed to have the families we have and to get the gifts we get.  Later we went to church and then ate and did some more gifts, adults this time.  Since our Christmas was on Dec. 31st we also sang Happy Birthday to mom again and had cake.  We hung out at Steve and Alison's and play "Just Dance" for a while.  That was fun and a workout, I even won a couple times.  It was fun to watch the kids and adults show their moves. 
Sunday was real laid back as we just hung out had breakfast and then got on the road about 2.  Jared was still not feeling real good so I drove and the boys slept again.  They didn't sleep the whole 3 hours even tho Tristan was pretty close they did great! 
I hope 2012 is as good as 2011, we are so blessed to have what we have in our immediate and extended family.  As our families are not in the same city that we live in (which is a downfall) we always have so much fun when we are together and feel so blessed to have every one of you in our lives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment