1.08.2012

Tough little boys

This past week the boys had a touch of the stomach flu, but you would never know it by looking at them.  They acted almost normal crawling around, laughing, smiling and playing like every day.  They would just have some BAD diapers and Tristan would throw up occasionally.  Landon only threw up once but boy did he have some diapers that made you wonder how a one year old could poop like that.  Mommy was sick in there too but luckily only for about 24 hours. Daddy was sick last weekend but he never threw up, jus tlots from teh other end (TMA huh?).  So lets just hope we got it all out of our system and ready to be healthy for 2012! 

Cassie (our nanny, my nephew's girlfriend) is a godsend.  With Jared and I's schedule I am not sure how we would do it without her! I hope she realizes how blessed we are to have her and how much she helps us.  The boys love her too and she is teaching them something every day!  It is nice having a little family around as it is not much a little is better then none.  I just don't want to wear anyone out family or friends. 

Last night Morningside (mommy's team) played Briar Cliff (where daddy works) and lost!  boo who!  It stunk Morningside was up at half time by 14 and ended up losing by 13, it was awful.  We came out with absolutely no fire in the second half and when they took the lead we had no fight in us.  I am not sure how that is possible playing cross town rivals.  It is so hard as a coach to just sit there and watch it happen and you can't get out there and do it for them or get out on the court.  So as you can imagine mommy is not in a very good mood today.  Not that we lost (which I hate to LOSE hate it) but that we just didn't play second half at all.  I am not sure how you can go one half and play great (but even could play better) but then put a second half out there that was 100% the opposite of the first half.  BC is number 2 in the nation and Mside is number 5 in the nation, not sure a whole lot will change in the National polls but in conference we were winning it and now we will be tied again for number one.  The worse as a coach is just waiting until the next practice or game to see if we learned from our mistakes.  This team has a lot of talent but for some reason can't play full games against good teams.  We are 11-5 and I can say I believe we are more talented than the teams we have lost to but they out play us in some part of the game if it is a whole half or just a few minuetes.  We hope to look at tapes and work on things and move forward.  On days like last night and today I think to myself it would be nice to have a job that I don't have to take home with me 24/7 but on the other hand I love what I do and working with 18-22 year olds and watching them mature into beautiful ladies inside and out. 
Hope all is well with all of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment