8.10.2012

First week of daycare

So this past week was the boys first week at daycare, Nikki's daycare.  They did pretty good most days.  Tristan is having a bit harder time, and that breaks my heart in a million pieces.  He cries everyday and today was the worse day, both cried and Tristan SCREAMED and didn't want daddy to leave.  Wednesday daddy had to sneak out.  Jared said that when he gets ready to leave Tristan just sticks out his bottom lip and looks at him like "your not leaving me yet are you".  He said it is very hard on him to leave him.  He said he is pretty sure if I was dropping off that every day I would take them home and say, "we will try again tomorrow", is is probably not too far off.  I want to try and drop off this next week but not sure that I am ready for it.  I hope next week is better, I feel bad they are so sad and feel bad that Nikki has to deal with that.  She is so kind she sends me pictures and texts throughout the day to help me through the days.  Luckily my days are not too long yet so I can go get them right after nap most days.  When I pick them up I usually sit and play with he boys and other kids and talk to Nikki about the boys' day.  She said that Tristan stays close to her and observes a lot.  Sort of makes me sad but I have confidence in him that he will warm up and play more and more like big brother.  I just tell myself everyday they are having fun and meeting new friends but when I hear they cry it breaks my heart.  I know since I worked at a daycare that the crying usually only last a few seconds or minutes but still don't like it now that I am the mother.  I hope next week gets better I am sure over time it will. I just need to stay strong.



Mason one of their new friends(Nikki's son, only a couple months older then the boys)
always close by one another
Playing with their new friend, Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment