9.12.2012

Midweek Slump

So today I post just to put my thoughts down on paper(computer), some of you may have no interested to read this post and that is ok.  I have lots going through my head today and some that I won't even write but am thinking.  Where do I start?  Well this week has been different at work because Jamie had an emergency appendectomy on Friday night so he has been out all week and I have been "running the show".  To be honest with you at this time of the year especially not a whole lot different! We are in our pre season, so it is just running, lifting and playing once a week.  This week I have thought many times, I could do this, I can do this...be a head coach!  I have never thought I could or really have any interest in being a head coach.  I really like my role as an assistant coach!  As it has its ups and downs too but what job doesn't?  I get a lot of the shit work and sometimes don't get the respect I deserve but all in all good job!  But this week I have thought I could do more.  I have been in a "funk" a lot lately, my friend and I call it a funk because you are down and not always happy about life and just want to get out of it.  Sometimes I think a change in career would get me out of it, but would it?  I love what I do but sometimes when I am getting shit on I say man I could be home with my boys!  I know all jobs have their ups and downs. 
So onto home life man can our lives get crazy (Jared and I's), but who's don't right!  I have felt on my own a lot these days!  Jared is just so so busy at work right now, who am I kidding 90 % of the year he is.  For you that don't know he is that Associate Athletic Director at Briar Cliff so he stays super busy.  He is in charge of so many things that I won't list them all but here are a few fundraising, Sports information(all the web stuff, stats for every game, etc.), game management, etc.  So needless to say he is awful busy from August-June and sometimes busier then I would like in June and July.  He is so nice and wants to help everyone else out sometimes guess who gets put on the back burner...yep ME!  Now I don't want this post to sound like poor Jill I just needed to write, it helps me sometimes:).  So if you don't like this STOP reading!  Jared does a great job trying to be around boys as much as he can but a lot of the times he will be on his phone or computer working so as he is home he is still working.  Then there are nights especially lately after boys go to bed he goes back to work.  I have never been the girl that NEEDS a lot of attention but lately I would like some attention.  I told him we need to try to go on dates but we don't because we don't plan, find a sitter, and make the effort.  That is why I am looking forward to Friday...we are going to Arizona to visit my brother Ryan and his family and I can not wait to just "get away" the four of us!  We get to meet their new baby Stella and are blessed to be her godparents.  As I am sure Jared will still be working many many miles from Sioux City we will be away and together. I also have so many projects I want to get done at home some are small and some are big but we never seem to get them done. I know most of them I could do alone but that's no fun. But I've come to realize if I don't do them or start them they will never get done which sucks. So last night I bought paint to paint the office and start my wall collage, I will post pictures when done, hopefully it will be sooner than later.
You know I have been posting  a lot about my mom lately and the ups and downs of things but I often think about something could happen to anyone at anytime so I need to not dwell on all the negatives of mom having Alzheimer's.  It's an awful awful disease but there are so many awful diseases out there!  There are also things that are unexpected that you don't see coming and hits you right in the face.  For example, yesterday an old friend of mine died unexpectedly, as I haven't talked to her for years it hits home to make me be thankful for what I have.  I am thankful for what I have even on my midweek slump days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment