9.04.2012

Home Sweet Home

This past weekend we went back to my hometown for my class reunion and to hang out with family.  We got home Friday and went out to dinner to the Hillside (a golf course in Wesley, IA).  My brother Mike and Owen were home so they joins us and mom and dad.  I was so glad my brother Mike mad eit home I haven't seen him in awhile and was so good to see him and Owen.  For as late as it was and tired and hungry as the boys were they did great and Landon only fell once.  That boy he is always falling you will hear in the next few min. 

Saturday was my 15 year High Class Reunion, yes 15 years, I know I am getting older but I don't feel like it has been 15 years since high school.  So much has happened since then, sooo much with not only me but my classmates.  It was so nice to see everyone who was back and catch up with them all.  In the morning a some of us mom's went to a park in Algona to meet each other kids and let our kids play while we caught up.  It was so nice to see everyone again.  Then Brandon and Cassie were having a house warming party so we stopped by that for lunch and then home for naps for the boys.  The boys fell asleep on the way home and when we put in their beds they wanted to play and talk, so no nap for them.  We then got them up to get ready for church so we got in the shower and this is where Mr. Landon AKA "Crash" fell again.  We have now given him the nickname of "crash" because it seems pretty common for him to have bumps, bruises, and scratches.  I had gotten out and the boys were still in with no water on and he fell and hit his head and yes he got a black eye.  That night was my class reunion at the Train Wreck in Algona (a winery)  it was nice to see 23 of our 54 make it back and catch up.  Crazy what 15 years can do to some people!  Some look the same, some different but we are all the same good hearted people from a small town/small school!  We did a lot of reminiscing about "the good old days".  Some people never change and if makes me laugh!  We had a lovely surprise that one of our classmates was pregnant and due in a week and her water broke and she had her baby girl in Algona, baby and mommyare doing great!  Jared and I left early around 11 or so because I got a really bad migraine and felt AWFUL!! Right after Katie's water broke we left and went home.  When we got home poor little Mr. Landon was up, had a night terror and was confused where he was and mom and dad were gone.  My mom was there thank goodness but it was hard for him to settle back down because he was confused where he was I think.  My mom felt so bad and kept asking if we are ok and I assured her we were all fine, Landon just had a bad dream.

Sunday was just hanging playing at the park some more with cousins!  Jared had a paper he had to get done so he was working on that most of the day.  The guys (Mike and Steve) wanted homemade taco's so we made them.   They were so good and it is funny no matter how many we make always seem to be short in the end.  We had them two nights in a row, can't get enough of them!  The boys didn't think the taco's were that great:), they ate them but not like the adults and older cousins.  Sunday was pretty low key but lots of hanging with family and that is what is most important to me!

Monday, was Labor day so we got to stay home an extra day... YAYA!! It was really nice and we didn't leave until after supper about 8 which is really late for us since we had a 3 hour trip ahead of us, but was worth staying late.  Today we went to the park again with most of the cousins then after nap we went out to the farm to see the animals and tractors.  The boys were excited!  Tristan at first was not so sure about the tractors and cows.  I think the size of how big everything is compared to them is scary at first.  They didn't cry just were unsure but they LOVE LOVE animals and anything that goes, so this was right up their alley.  Both boys got to ride in a tractor, Tristan and I with Uncle Steve and Landon and I with grandpa.  They were just in awe of everything.  Jared and I talked about how they never really smiled and such but you could tell they had a good time.  Riding on the tractors, playing with their cousins, seeing all the animals, riding on the Mule and Cub...so much fun.  I miss the farm as I grew up there and loved the simplicity of it!  If you don't want to get ready you don't have to, because your neighbor wouldn't have to see you.  If you wanted to be dirty and muddy it was fine because you were on the farm.  With the farm came a lot of work too, chores for the kids and mom and dad, we all had to help but I wouldn't of had it any other way!

So it comes to leaving on Monday...VERY HARD to leave this time.  My mom didn't have the best day and that made it really hard but I always have a hard time leaving but this was really hard.  I just worry what the "next time" will bring but as much as I worry about that I can't change what we have at hand now.   I just love spending time with my parents, brothers, sister-in-laws, nieces and nephews-all my FAMILY!! They are such a blessing to me. We just all have so much fun together!  One thing I love so much about us is we can sit in a room of silence or of chaotic kids running around and either way be happy inside and out! 

VERY BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment