9.18.2012

ARIZONA



This past weekend we went to Arizona for my new niece, Stella's Baptism and to visit my brother Ryan's family.  It was a BLAST!!  We left bright and early on Friday our of Omaha at 6:00 am so the boys and I went into Omaha early evening and Jared came later(he had a volleyball game).  I just was worried with boys getting no sleep and then on a plane for 3 hours 45 min.  Well, Landon didn't get much sleep because he had not been feeling well and didn't sleep well and was up for about an hour, which is really rare for our boys to be up.  Then both boys were up by 4:30am and our the door to get to the airport by 5:00.  We were a little rushed but we made it and all went pretty well during check in and such.  Our friends let us borrow a umbrella double stroller which was nice and light and easy to pack.  We didn't check bags so that was nice too!  The flight was not to bad the boys got antsy but I would say for almost 4 hours they did GREAT, with no sleep!  Yep that's right neither boy slept the whole flight even after getting up at 4:30 am.  We were lucky to have 3 seats instead of only 2.  Lots of snacks, books, and different games and singing to make the time go by. 

Landon and daddy ready for some fun in the sun

The boys loved the window on both flights there and back

Sitting in Arizona airport waiting for uncle Ryan...snack time only 6:30am



We got in to Arizona about 6:30 and Ryan picked us up to take us back to their house.  It was so NICE to see Ryan again I haven't seen him since July of 2011!  We hung out a bit and then went to the park.  It was so nice to see everyone Danielle, Ryan, Caden, Mabel, Stella...we have missed them oh so much!  When I say park I mean BIG park, it had a little splash pad, slides, things to climb, sand, grass area, paths to walk, ponds, and a train!  It was so much fun and the boys loved it!!  Then we went home for lunch (we grilled) and boys went down for nap.  I was afraid if we didn't get naps my boys would be bears!  After nap we played out side and went for a gem car ride(my brothers car:)).  The boys loved it most of the time!  Landon was a bit crabby on Friday actually a lot crabby.  That night wewent out to diner at a Mexican place, it was really good but I spent most of the time outside walking around with Landon.  He was not happy and did not want to sit.  He was just real fussy so Danielle and I thought maybe we should take him to doctor.  So I decided in the morning I would take him to Urgent care so if there was something it wouldn't be a really long weekend with no meds.

Jared and Ryan in Ryan's car(makes me laugh)


Tristan and mommy on the splash pad












Saturday once we got up and ready we went into Urgent Care to get Landon checked out to rule out ears.  Everything looked good but he had three eye teeth coming in and I think he was just over tired!  But after that he acted ok and had a much better day.  Saturday we didn't do a whole lot because I didn't want to run the boys down with not much sleep.  The guys (Ryan and Jared) went to a couple garage sales.  Then once the boys went down for nap Danielle, Jared, and I went shopping at the outlets, it was awesome!  I can't tell you last time I went shopping without the boys and could actually look.  It was nice and got some good deals!  Jared was not happy because our carry-ons were pretty full now but that is ok.  Saturday night we made homemade pizza's and just hung out which was yummy and fun! 

Sunday was Baptism for Ms. Stella, by the way she is absolutely adorable and so precious!  On a side note for the four days we were there I don't think she even cried maybe let our a whimper once or twice but that's it!  Baptism was after the mass which got a little long for the boys.  My boys hardly made it through church.  The Baptism was VERY nice, the deacon did a GREAT job!  Landon was snoring through most of it and Tristan was spilling cheese-its and running around.  I felt really bad but then again not a whole lot I could do about it and Ryan and Danielle didn't care, thank goodness.  After Baptism and some pictures we went back to the house for some  more pictures and then boys had a little lunch and went down for nap.  Everyone else had some cake and ice cream, it was yummy and the cake was cute!  After boys got up we went to the Splash Pad for the kids to run around in the water and play.  It was really fun for all of us big and small.  The guys (Ryan and Jared) were obsessed with getting a football and Frisbee off a roof in the splaspad.  We played at a park right next to the splash pad for a bit before heading back home.  Sunday night we went to Happy Valley( a little town south of Anthem) and ate dinner and met up with an old high school friend of mine, Sarah Reil.  It was so so nice to see her and her family.  I have not seen her for 15 years and we were really close in high school.  It is such a small world because Danielle and her meet at a park during a play date.  I just think that is crazy there are so many people in this world and only 54 in my high school class and my sister in law is friends with one of my high school best friends...small world! 



Tristan with no shoes during Baptism






Godparents and parents

The boys LOVED Stella (aka baby)




Proud BIG brother


Can you believe we got Five kids under the age of five looking at the camera AND smiling!! 



Monday was a short day because we flew out at 12:35 so we wanted to give ourselves enough time and feed the boys at the airport before getting on the plane, so maybe they would sleep.  So we got up and packed, got ready and headed to the airport.  One thing I do not like is being rushed when flying, it just makes me nervous.  The flight home was even better than the way there after the initial freak out.  They both were tired and BOTH wanted to look out the window by themselves and did not want brother by them.  They were pushing, pulling, scratching anything to get the other one and both wanted mom.  But after that they were good and played nice and slept.  Landon slept about 2 hours and Tristan only an hour before we had to wake him up to hold him on our landing.  Once we got in Janet picked us up from the airport, it is always so nice when we fly because we stay at  Jared's parents the night before (because our flights are usually early) and then they pick us up or bring our car when we get in.  We then went to Braeden's football practice and dinner with the family and got on the road about 9:30.  Another long day but was worth it to see everyone in Omaha too! 



Jared didn't think he would get wet:), but you never know when the water will go on and off and when MR. Caden will spray you:0, we had a lot of fun!

Loving getting wet (mommy and Landon)

Guess who put Caden up to this...up the jokesters themselves Ryan and Jared

Mabel and Landon in a serious talk



Tristan Mabel and Landon drying off

boys LOVED the splash pad



Our weekend was not filled with stuff we were doing running here and there and everywhere but it was spent with family that I have missed oh so much and was so glad to just hang out with them!  The weather was nice not too hot and obviously not too cold:).  Jared and I hope we can make it an annual or every other year deal to go out there and visit.  It was so nice that the cousins got to play lots and Caden and Mabel shared their toys so nicely with the boys.  There were not many fights and the ones that happened were between my boys:).  Caden was an awesome big boy by when the little boys would knock down what he built or try and play with Caden's toys he was a big boy, thank you!  Mabel was such a sweetie playing with all boys.  Stella was just precious and so peaceful and I got my baby fix for awhile.   I couldn't love them up anymore I gave them lots of hugs and kisses for I know it will be a long time until we see them again.  As all of you know I am a HUGE family person and wish I could see everyone both sides(Jared's and I's) every day or weekly but our lives all lead different paths so when we get the time I eat it up and LOVE IT!!  Caden had asked, "when are you leaving on Saturday?" and we said Monday.  Danielle felt bad how he asked but he is a four year old and I understood he just "wanted" to know:).  So I will leave you with the sweetest thing, Monday morning when I was in the kitchen Jared and Ryan packing the car Caden comes out and says, I am going to miss you."  Made me sad but glad he will miss us:).  Makes me cry writing it because even a four year old understand we don't get to see each other much.  He asked his parents a couple times, can we go stay with Jill and Jerry (aka Jared, how Caden says it soo cute). SO as he understands we don't see each other he doesn't understand how many miles are between us. 

Landon above and Tristan below...tired boys



No comments:

Post a Comment